Roland Loranger Jr. CAPM
I've had a broad range of experiences throughout my career in IT and below captures one version of those experiences. I also have experience in Project and IT Infrastructure Management.
You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, comments or to request full copies of my resume.
ROLAND E LORANGER JR, CAPM
Objective: Looking to fill a position in a software development environment in a Senior Business Analyst capacity requiring technical and business experience with various methods of software development, product and project management. I have held positions with various responsibilities under the IT umbrella and have developed a broad range of experience including strong technical, communication, time management, resource and organization skills and have led the development, deployment and delivery of enterprise level software applications.
· Project Management Institute
Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
· Toastmasters International Member (Farmington Club)
Web Master (current) www.farmingtontoastmasters.org
Senior Business Analyst (contract - Apex Systems): April 2011 - August 2011
Insurix: Farmington, CT
Product: Insurix develops software products which are used by Healthcare and Life Insurance providers for the prospecting, acquisition, quoting, enrollment and renewal of individual and group lines of business.
Technologies: MS Office Suite XP; UML Notation; MS Visio; Web Design; Adobe Photoshop; Axure; SnagIt; Release Management; Visual Studio .NET / 2005; SQL Management Studio; HTML; XML; CSS; Visual Source Safe; Team Foundation Server; SDLC; ASP.NET / C#
· Senior Business Analyst currently responsible for all requirements gathering, process improvement and functional specification projects for two of Insurix’s newest and largest clients. Areas of development include defect resolution, system modification and system enhancements on projects which can span less than a day to any number of months.
· Work directly with client subject matter experts to perform root cause analysis of defects or business need analysis for enhancements and create corresponding documentation to support client requirements. Articles include use cases, functional specifications, charts (flow, system, activity etc.), matrices and any other supporting project documentation.
· Conduct JAD sessions with and between clients and client vendors to support system integrations.
· Work directly with application development resources to determine current and potential future system capabilities. Support development resources throughout the design and development cycle.
· Perform preliminary quality assurance testing prior to formal quality assurance testing processes. Support the quality assurance department throughout the testing cycle.
· Identify and analyze process inefficiencies of internal Insurix and client processes and systems. Document findings and provide options to implement solutions.
· Plan and organize release management processes for clients, including the scheduling and coordination of development, network and database resources.
· Support sales and marketing initiatives by being actively involved in the creation and presentation of prototype systems to prospective clients.
· Led the analysis and introduction of release management best practices for clients through the use of Team Foundation Server (TFS). Implemented a parallel development environment allowing continued development throughout the software development life cycle and between release cycles. Documented and currently manage the release process for assigned clients.
· Successfully led the coordination of infrastructure, development and business stakeholder teams through the implementation of twenty Production releases since client systems went live.
· Additionally assigned to a four month project to extend one of the existing Insurix platforms to include a Healthcare Enrollment module. Led requirements gathering sessions, held demonstrations of functionality (client presentations), created business and technical documentation for client sign-off and training materials.
Business Analyst: June 2003 – April 2009
Product: SMT provides a subscription service to the ONEtool web application, which is a tool used by boat brokers and dealerships for inventory and sale management including financing, extended protection and USCG documentation.
· The sole Business Analyst for all phases of web application development projects both public and private (140+ releases in 5.5 years). These responsibilities include gathering and documenting requirements, creating functional specifications and performing quality assurance. I was brought onboard before the system was built in 2003.
· Develop and document business and software development policies and best practices to be used for all SMT system releases. Continuously evaluate IT policies and processes for increased efficiencies.
· Develop proposal requests (RFPs) and handle vendor negotiations for all areas of SMT development including production hosting, network administration, offshore consulting and web design.
· Conduct requirements gathering sessions with SMT subject matter experts and JAD sessions with vendor partners as needed for various system projects.
· Train, manage and provide detailed project documentation to an off-shore development team.
· Work with subject matter experts and the marketing team to determine project prioritization.
· Incorporate time management techniques in order to maximize productivity on multiple ongoing projects with conflicting priorities.
· Championed a process improvement project which identified inefficiencies within the testing and deployment
process at SMT, culminating in the implementation of an open source software solution that saved between 4 and 10 hours per software release, saving SMT over $100,000 per year in consulting costs.
· Led the development of two web sites aimed at the consumer channel, increasing SMT’s visibility to
millions of Boat and RV owners to submit applications for financing, refinancing, insurance, escrow or extended protection plans.
· Led the integration of SMT’s software application to the largest MLS web site in the world, increasing
visibility to close to 4,000 yacht brokerages throughout the world and millions of consumers a day.
· Led the redevelopment of the user interface based on usability analysis and feedback from current and potential customers of the software product; reducing the need for individual user training and increasing customer satisfaction.
Verizon: Silver Spring, MD
· Gather internal marketing client requirements through direct client communications and code programs to retrieve and format client requested data.
· Analyze internal systems through work and data flow-charting, documentation and JAD sessions both manual and automated, which are currently in place, to determine process improvement opportunities.
· Provide input to yearly corporate Business Plans for residential line long distance projects.
· Create training materials for use in training programmers from other teams on locating critical data, primary and foreign key joins to various tables, data reliability and programming standards and techniques.
· Promoted to lead a division of the residential long distance team where I worked directly with internal marketing clients to finalize projects, set a level of effort and deadline for completion and develop all of the programs required to satisfy requirements.
Education: University of Southern New Hampshire: Manchester, NH
Graduated Cum Laude Bachelor of Science Degree, May 2000
Major: Computer Information Systems (CIS) - GPA: 3.4
Member Of: Delta Mu Delta (Business National Honor Society); President’s List; Dean’s List